Friday, December 11, 2009

December 11, 2009

I went for my first heart rehabilitation yesterday. They had me answer a lot of questions about what kind of mood I have been in over the last few months. They allso wanted to know whether it was more important to me to lose weight, feel better about myself, or to overcome my fears of having a heart attack as a reason for me to be there. I just wanted to feel better.

My weight was now at 165 so I had lost 5 pounds since I had entered the hospital to have the four stents put in last week, and my BMI index was over 40%.

They set a goal for me to lose 20 pounds, and to get my BMI to around 30% over the course of the next 12 weeks.

This cost of this course is $105 a day, and I am supposed to be there three days a week. The coordinator told me that my insurance should pay for it at 100% since I now have my duductible paid after my three day hospital stay, but I wonder how I am to pay for it when the new insurance year starts on Jan 1st.

I am also supposed to keep a food diary so here goes:
12/10/09
Breakfast
coffee with powdered milk mixed with a little cocoa and two Splenda sweetners, plain Cheerios and milk
Lunch
16.5 oz Coke Zero, 1 piece whole wheat bread and 1 tablespoon peanut butter
Dinner
Wendys grilled chicken sandwich
Snacks
1 cup milk and 1 slice whole wheat bread
1 apple and 1 tablespoon peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment