Saturday, January 23, 2010

How AM I Doing Today?

I went back to work for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service three weeks ago, and for the last three weeks the manager at my store has called in sick about every day except for maybe five days in three weeks. I had to fill in for him plus work my own hours which usually meant that I worked from 9:00 to 7:00, and I was already working six days a week.

I did not have time for my cardio rehab classes any day this week except for on Monday, and I ended up having fast food on two or three occassions so I am dreading going back in this coming Monday to be weighed again.

The manager was supposed to come in at 2:00 on Thursday afternoon, and I had plans to go home and work on a Raggedy Ann and Andy doll set that I was supposed to ship out on Saturday, and the dolls were not finished yet because I was to exhausted after work to do anything. When the manager called in claiming to have the flu this time and saying that he was not going to be able to make it in to work for the next couple of days I got so upset that my blood pressure went up for the rest of the afternoon. I started having chest pains about 8:00 PM, and my hubby had to drive me to the emergency room. They gave me a nitro patch and brought it down so low that they had to give me fluids to get it back up again. We were there until about 1:00 AM, but the chest pains had stopped by the time that we left.

The manager was still claiming to be sick so I had to go to work the next morning regardless of spending most of the night at the ER. I worked from 9:00 until a manager from another office came in to let me go home at 6:30 that evening, but while I was there I sent an email to my manager telling him that he was not the only one who was sick and had problems. I reminded him that I just had heart stents put in December, and that my hubby had 3rd stage lung cancer, but that I was taught to carry my own load and not throw my problems off on everyone else. I also told him not to call me if he could not make it in to work anymore. He was to call his supervisor.

He sent me back an email with an apology and the weekend off.

My sister was at the Walmart where our office is located this morning, and she told me that there was a very unhappy looking man sitting there, but I do not feel sorry for him at all. It is time for him to do his job or get out of the way and let someone else do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment