Monday, January 11, 2010

I went to see a GI Doctor Friday

The emergency room had told me that I had pancreatitis, and my doctor had scheduled me for an ultrasound almost 3 weeks ago, but would not give me any information from the ultrasound other then I needed to see a GI doctor. He set me up for an appointment Friday at 11:00.

We got about 2" of snow Thursday evening, and I am not much of a driver on snow so I tried to call and reschedule my appointment, but the only appointment that they could give me was in the middle of February. I had waited long enough to so I got my hubby to drive me to my appointment.

Turns out that I did not have pancreatitis after all. My doctor was really nice, and he took the time to explain to me that my blood count in the hospital was just 8o, and that if I had pancreatitis caused by gallstones, alcohol or some other problem then my blood count would have been up around 1000. He told me that my pain that night that I went to the emergency room was probably caused by something else like maybe my Plavix and Crestor which will both cause stomach upsets.

Thinking that I had pancreatitis for the last three weeks made me really try hard to stay on my diet, and I have been a little off it and my exercise routine this weekend so I am dreading going back to cardio rehab this morning to get weighed. I weighed 161 at my doctor's office Friday so I have lost 10 pounds in the five weeks since I went into the hospital to have my stents put in. I would hate to have gained even one ounce back.

No comments:

Post a Comment